How important is good design & installation?
Although solar power seems a simple technology, quality design and installation are complex processes. Poor design and installation can result in poor performance and less savings on your electricity bills, so its important to get it right. Checking your subsequent electricity bill for correct tariffs and benefits after your solar installation is also a good idea.
There are 6 important steps to installing a solar system:
Johnstone Electrical & Sunvalley Solar pride ourselves on our personal customer service. We believe in order to make a decision, you need to be well informed of your options.
For maximum benefit it is important to consider your electricity daily consumption. We help you establish your power usage and discuss with you what you want to achieve.
Our quote will show the system price less any rebates available. We will also give you a system performance estimate and solar panel specifications.
The first step to a good design is a thorough site inspection. It’s imperative to system performance that your solar panels are positioned correctly for maximum result.
We measure the available roof space suitable for solar panels, the tilt angle and orientation. Any possible shading is taken into consideration. This can be from neighbours trees, tv antennas, air conditioners, or even plumbing pipes.
We also check your switchboard for any necessary electrical alterations which may be needed.
No home or business is the same, and neither are our installations. We custom design each solar system to suit your individual needs.
Tilt – Most people prefer the panels be fixed at their existing roof pitch for aesthetic reasons. A minimum of 10º – 30° tilt is recommended with flat roofed houses needing solar panels fixed on elevated stands. The flatter the tilt, the more solar panel exposure to sun in summer, whereas more tilt would improve winter sun exposure.
Asmith or Orientation- North-facing panels will receive the maximum amount of sunlight that is available through the day. If your roofline is not north-facing, or you have multiple roof gables, the use of AC microinverters is of greater benefit.
Solar Panels and Inverters – We only use Clean Energy Council approved premium grade products from trusted suppliers with global reputations.
Our installers are qualified electricians, accredited by the Clean Energy Council and take pride in every job.
– Use premium grade Clean Energy Council approved solar panels and inverters.
– Use quality electrical components plus framing and rails rated to Australian Standards.
– Do not cut corners. Your home is possibly your biggest investment, so we take care in the installation process, and how your system operates and looks.
We’ve all heard the saying, “the jobs not finished till the paperworks done”.
– We provide all documentation for your STC’s (Small scale Technology Certificates) which form the basis of the federal government rebate system. The amount of your rebate will depend on your system size and eligibility and is shown on your quote as a reduction in the total system cost.
– We are registered retailer with the Solar Victoria Solar Homes Rebate program.
– We arrange inspection by Electrical Inspectors and lodge connection documents for you.
Our customers have peace of mind dealing with a trusted local business. Any after sales queries are handled promptly and we encourage our clients to bring back their first electricity bill after their solar system is installed, to assist them in making sure they are being billed correctly.